Saturday 22 November 2014

I'm played out of position at Real Madrid; says James

James: I'm played out of position at Real Madrid
James Rodriguez says he is not fully comfortable with his role at Real Madrid as he would prefer to play in a more attacking position.
The 23-year-old impressed for Colombia at the 2014 World Cup playing close to the striker, but he has been utilised in a more central role at Madrid due to the presence of attackers such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema.
He has admitted that he would rather play a bit higher up the pitch, but is ready to feature wherever the coach needs him.
"It's true I play a little deeper for Real Madrid. I can push a little further forward for Colombia," James told reporters.
"I hope to play where I feel most comfortable and help the team to win. I feel more comfortable where I play for Colombia because I like to be closer to the goal; that works better for me. I can score and pass from there.
"But as a player I have to be prepared to play in any position."
James has been in excellent form for Madrid so far this season, scoring six goals in 19 appearances in all competitions.

No comments: