Monday 24 November 2014

'Ramos is no doctor' - Mourinho hits back in Costa & Fabregas feud
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has hit back at Sergio Ramos and Vicente del Bosque over the injuries which kept Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas out of the Spain squad.
Both Costa and Fabregas were ultimately declared unable to play during the international break but were decisive for the Blues in the 2-0 win over West Brom on Saturday.
Real Madrid defender Ramos was quoted as saying certain players should show greater commitment to the international cause last week, though he later insisted he was not talking about the Chelsea duo.
And Mourinho has defended their decisions to withdraw, stating that the Spain team doctor was always part of the consultation process and suggesting Ramos has little place to comment.
"Since I've known Sergio Ramos he has been a fantastic football player, but he is not a doctor. He is not a doctor and I am the same. I do my job the best I can but I am not a doctor," he is quoted as saying by the Mirror.
"My doctor and the doctor of the Spanish national team, they had the scans and they decided that the player was not in the condition to play.
"I am nobody to go against it and I don't think Sergio did a medicine Masters in the last couple of years to understand about it.
"[Vincent] Kompany didn't play for Belgium against Wales and he played today [Saturday]. Has he a compromise with his national team? I think he has. He is the captain of Belgium.
"Did he, how do you say, 'cheat' by not playing against Wales to play today? I don't think he did. So we all accept that he was injured."
Mourinho took another swipe at Del Bosque in what is becoming a persistent feud over the fitness of Costa and his role in the Spain side.
"I trust my doctor 100 per cent. If Del Bosque doesn't trust his doctor that is his problem, not my problem. I speak with my doctor and I believe in what my doctor tells me. Nothing else. No problem," he said.
"Fabregas was in a doubtful situation, Diego no. Diego recovered totally from his problem with these two weeks that he had to rest and to improve his injury.
"Fabregas is different. Fabregas survived. Diego no, Diego now is in great condition."

No comments: