Monday 20 January 2014

Cabaye: I am happy at Newcastle

Cabaye: I am happy at Newcastle
The midfielder insists his mentality has not changed following Arsenal's interest in the summer, while Paris Saint-Germain boss Laurent Blanc has failed to rule out a bid
Yohan Cabaye insists he is happy to remain at Newcastle United amid interest from Paris Saint-Germain.

Laurent Blanc has publicly praised the midfielder on several occasions and has refused to rule out a move for the 28-year-old in the January transfer window.

Meanwhile, Arsene Wenger has already stated Arsenal will not submit a fresh bid for Cabaye this month, despite attempting to sign the player during the summer.

"My mentality hasn't changed, even after what happened in the summer. I will do my best for the team every day," Cabaye told reporters.

"If the manager or the staff are happy with my performances, and the fans who are supporting me are happy, I am happy."

PSG, who are now leading the chase for Cabaye, have also been linked with Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic and Juventus star Paul Pogba in recent weeks.

No comments: