Wednesday 24 August 2016

‘It’s important to take my chances’ – says Chelsea’s Victor Moses

‘It’s important to take my chances’ – says Chelsea’s Victor Moses
Having scored against the Robins on Tuesday, the winger feels ready to make an impact at Stamford Bridge
Victor Moses is determined to take his chance under Antonio Conte as he targets regular first team football at Chelsea.
The Nigerian international who spent last three seasons on loan at Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham United was on target in the Blues’ 3-2 League Cup victory over Bristol City on Tuesday – his first goal in three and a half years for the Roman Army.
And having made substitute appearances in Conte’s men English Premier League victories against West Ham United and Watford before his strike against the Robins, he is stirred to work harder for more playing time.
“I’m pleased with my form but the most important thing is the wins,” Moses told Chelsea website.
“We’ve taken six points from two games so the players, manager and fans are all really pleased. We’re just going to keep working hard; we know every game is difficult so we’re taking it step by step.
“I’m feeling good. It’s important for me to take my chances when I get them and keep working hard for the team.
“The most important thing is for us to keep on winning games and on a personal note I just need to focus on doing what I’m good at out on the pitch and enjoying myself.”
The Stamford Bridge giants are fourth on the English topflight log with six points from two games and the 25-year-old insists his team cannot afford to be complacent.
“If you look at the team right now we are all very fit which is helping,” he continued.
“We want to carry on winning matches but this won’t be an easy game. The manager is clear in what he wants us to do and with the ability we have in the side, hopefully we can put that all together and win the game.
“This season every trophy is important, whether it’s the League Cup, FA Cup or Premier League. I think it’s going to be a very interesting season for us.
“We have lots of players who are capable of winning us games so as long as we stick together as a team we should do well,” he concluded.

No comments: