Friday 22 July 2016

Forget the record fee, I only want the best for Pogba, says agent

Paul Pogba: Manchester United return close
Paul Pogba’s agent insists he “doesn’t give a damn about record transfer fees” as his client edges ever closer towards a £102m move to Manchester United.
The Juventus midfielder has been identified by Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho this summer, with the club set to shatter the transfer record to bring the France star back to Old Trafford.
Mourinho discussed the pursuit of the 23-year-old on Thursday, adding that he would not be surprised if a deal does not materialise this summer.
Reports emerged early on Thursday that United had agreed a fee for Pogba, but agent Mino Raiola quickly rubbished the latest claims.
The Italian-born Dutchman, who stands to earn a ridiculous £20m if the deal goes through, was the subject of our feature on football’s super-rich agents this week.
And speaking about Pogba’s possible switch to Old Trafford, he told the Corriere dello Sport: “I don’t give a damn about record transfer fees.
“The newspapers write that Pogba could set the record, but I’ve already set records with [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and [Pavel] Nedved.
“I want the best for my players, and therefore for Pogba too. I don’t answer to anyone, and I don’t speak about my business.
“Certain things I only discuss with my clients, and they know how things are.”

No comments: