Thursday 14 August 2014

Ronny Deila to review Derk Boerrigter penalty incident

Derk Boerrigter and Dave Mackay
Boerrigter won Celtic a penalty against Saints and the Perth side's captain Dave Mackay was sent off.

However, St Johnstone felt there had been no contact between the two players and plan to appeal against the decision.

Celtic manager Ronny Deila
Deila won his first Scottish Premiership match as Celtic manager

"I want fair play but I have to see it before I can say anything," said Deila.

"I haven't seen it but as I said yesterday, there will be decisions for and against Celtic and over 38 games the best team will win.

"But I don't like diving. I don't want to cheat."

Celtic won the match 3-0, with Nir Biton converting the penalty that put the reigning Scottish Premiership champions two up.

It was the first league game of the season for Deila's men and they continue their campaign at home to Dundee United on Saturday.

No comments: