Wednesday 27 August 2014

David Luiz: I wouldn't have been happy at Barcelona

David Luiz: I wouldn't have been happy at Barcelona
The defender believes he will enjoy his football far more in Paris than he would had he moved to Spain or Germany and says the whole club is set on winning the Champions League
Paris Saint-Germain defender David Luiz claims he would have been as happy had he joined Barcelona instead of the French champions.

The Brazil international moved to Parc des Prince from Chelsea this summer as the Spanish giants began pursuing a number of high-profile defensive targets.

While a potential move to Camp Nou never materialised, with Barca focusing their efforts on the signing of Luis Suarez before later turning to centre-backs Jeremy Mathieu and Thomas Vermaelen, the 27-year-old claims he will enjoy his football far more in Paris than he would in Catalunya or in Germany.

"I'm sure I'll be happier here in Paris than if I had moved to Barcelona or Munich," Luiz told Sportmasta.

"I really believe PSG is the club of the future, that's why I'm happy to be here and I think I'll stay here for many years."

Luiz admitted he was persuaded to join PSG after talks with coach Laurent Blanc and Brazil team-mate Thiago Silva, and claims the whole club is fully focused on winning the Champions League.

"I talked a lot with Thiago Silva and the coach, Laurent Blanc," said the former Benfica man. "My decision was easy. PSG were made for me.

"The great objective is the Champions League. It's the dream here."

No comments: