There will be no further British presence in the World Championships after a day of defeats in China.England's Chris Adcock and Andy Ellis were eliminated in the second round of the men's doubles in Guangzhou.
China's ninth seeds Zhang Nan and Biao Chai beat the English duo 21-11 17-21 21-8 in a match that lasted 49 minutes.
Selected Wednesday resultsMen's doubles, second round:
-  Hiroyuki Endo and Kenichi Hayakawa (Japan) beat Chris Langridge and Peter Mills (England) 21-7 22-20
-  Biao Chai and Zhang Nan (China) beat Chris Adcock and Andrew Ellis (England) 21-11 17-21 21-8
-  Angga Pratama and Ryan Agung Saputra (Indonesia) beat Marcus Ellis (England) and Paul Van Rietvelde (Scotland) 21-11 21-8
-  A Ra Ko and Hae Won Yoo (South Korea) beat Heather Olver and Kate Robertshaw (England) 21-10 21-15
-  Yixin Bao and Qianxin Zhong (China) beat Lauren Smith and Gabrielle White (England) 21-16 21-14
-  Tzu Ying Tai (Chinese Taipei) beat Kirsty Gilmour (Scotland) 21-12 20-22 21-6
-  Ji Hyun Sung (South Korea) beat Sarah Walker (England) 21-11 21-17
English national champions Chris Langridge and Peter Mills went down 21-7 22-20 against Japanese fourth seeds Hiroyuki Endo and Kenichi Hayakawa.England's Marcus Ellis and Scotland's Paul Van Rietvelde also exited the tournament, beaten 21-11 21-8 by Indonesian 10th seeds Angga Pratama and Rian Agung Saputro.
English women's doubles national champions Gabby White and Lauren Smith lost 21-16 21-14 to China's seventh seeds Yixin Bao and Qianxin Zhong while Heather Olver and Kate Robertshaw went down 21-10 21-15 to Korean 16th seeds A Ra Ko and Hae Won Yoo.
In the men's singles, Toby Penty, who will be 21 on Monday, went down 21-14 21-11 to European champion and 11th seed Marc Zwiebler of Germany.
In the women's singles, Scotland's Kirsty Gilmour, 19, took Taiwan's sixth seed Tzu Ying Tai to three games before losing 21-12 20-22 21-6.
In the final match involving a Briton, English national champion Sarah Walker was beaten 21-8 21-11 by fifth seed Sung Ji Hyun of Korea in the women's singles.