Thursday 21 July 2016

No role under Klopp for me at Liverpool – yet, says Gerrard.

Steven Gerrard: No role yet for ex-skipper under Klopp
Former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard insists there is currently “no job opportunity” for him at the club despite being in contact with manager Jurgen Klopp.
The 36-year-old midfielder is into the final six months of his contract with Los Angeles Galaxy and accepts his playing days are numbered.
And while there has been much speculation about him linking up with his former club in some capacity, nothing is in the pipeline at the moment.
“People need to understand that Jurgen Klopp is his own man, he’s got his own team of people around him, that he is very happy and content with,” Gerrard exclusively told virtual reality company Laduma.
“Of course I’ve got a huge Liverpool connection and Liverpool is in my heart and always will be but there’s nothing to really comment on.
“There’s no future decision to work with Klopp, I get on really well with him, we’re in contact but there’s no job opportunity there at the moment.
Steven Gerrard: Talks up Jurgen Klopp's methods
“There is absolutely nothing to say on my future beyond this MLS season at the moment.
“I know I’m in the twilight, I know I’m coming to the end pretty soon.
“I just want to try and enjoy every last moment really. The one thing I’m going to miss [is] walking on to the pitch.
“I’m going to miss that buzz very much because that’s what I play the game for.”

No comments: