Last season's Eredivisie top scorer has long been linked with a move to the Premier League side and has confirmed that the two sides are close to reaching an agreement.
Vincent Janssen has confirmed that he is close to a move to Tottenham Hotspur and says he is "not scared" of playing alongside Harry Kane.
The 22-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to the Premier League side in recent months after an incredible debut season in the Eredivisie in which he finished top scorer with 27 goals in 34 games.
Spurs reportedly had a bid of around €18 million for the striker rejected recently as AZ demanded at least €20m for a player they are said to have bout for just €500,000 from second tier side Almere City.
Janssen publically criticised AZ for not letting him leave the AFAS Stadion, insisting Spurs' initial bid was high enough.

But despite the Alkmaar side's desire to hold onto the Netherlands international, reports emerged on Friday that a deal is expected to be wrapped up in the coming days, with Spurs set to pay around €22m for him.

And the forward has confirmed that negotiations between the two sides are at an advanced stage and says he is looking forward to working with Mauricio Pochettino and star striker Kane.
"I won't train with AZ any more," he told Algemeen Dagblad. "The clubs are now really close to an agreement. I will go home and wait for the phone call to go.
"I'm glad that it is almost complete. For me it was clear from the beginning that I wanted to go to Spurs. The competition appeals to me and the plan of the coach is similar to the plan that AZ boss John van den Brom shared with me a year ago at AZ.
"It is a beautiful club with a fantastic stadium and heaps of potential. Anyone in my shoes would take this step.
"Harry Kane? People can say what they want but I'm not afraid of anybody. He is a great striker but we will see how it goes. We can complement each other, I think I can learn a lot from him.