Saturday 22 February 2014

Tommy Coyle is reaping the benefits of working alongside trainer Jamie Moore

Tommy Coyle (R): Improving all the time under Jamie MooreTommy Coyle continues to reap the benefits of his association with Jamie Moore as he prepares to face Daniel Eduardo Brizuela next month.
'Boom Boom' will once again be performing in front of his home fans in Hull on February 22 as he takes another step up the lightweight ladder against the dangerous Argentinian.
Coyle has made huge strides in the past year since Sky Sports pundit and former European champion Moore agreed to train him.
"I'm a guy that likes to fight on the back foot and Jamie is showing me how to fight on the inside, making me more of a complete fighter."
Tommy Coyle
The 24-year-old dominated Derry Mathews before a momentary lapse saw him knocked out in the 10th round, but victory over John Simpson in November has put him back on the map.
"I'm very lucky to have Jamie Moore in my camp," Coyle told Sky Sports. "He's around boxing 24/7, he's a student of the game and is a boxing anorak. He brings so much knowledge to the table when he's training me.
"He knows how to break a fighter down, to come up with a gameplan and to beat what's in front of us. His passion for the game is fantastic and I couldn't be happier.
"We've looked at a lot of his fights. He was a warrior, I always watched him growing up and to be working with him is incredible.
"I'm a guy that likes to fight on the back foot and Jamie is showing me how to fight on the inside, making me more of a complete fighter."

Intelligent

Coyle is taking the threat of Brizuela very seriously and he knows that victory could put him on course for a huge domestic clash with Kevin Mitchell later this year in what may amount to an IBF eliminator.
"We've seen plenty of him on Youtube, he's not a typical Argentinian that comes forward and fight, he's more of a cute boxer and looks an intelligent fighter and it could be a bit of a chess match," he added.
"But it's a huge fight for me and if a come through this one I could potentially be fighting Kevin Mitchell.
"It is tough to keep your feet on the ground, don't get me wrong. But it's fairly easy to focus because this fight is so important, I can't have the fight with Kevin if I don't come through this one.
"I've got to be solely focused on this fight and have got to be prepared mentally and physically for it."
"I was always confident I would make progress but Luke's success has fast-tracked it and created the launchpad."
Coyle on Campbell
Coyle's ascent over the past 18 months has coincided with the high-profile development of fellow Hull fighter Luke Campbell from Olympic champion to professional.
And the youngster is well aware that Campbell's famous victory in London has helped his own career enormously.
"I've seen boxing evolve so much here thanks to Luke winning the gold medal," he said. "He's an absolute legend in the city and brought big-time boxing back.
"I've been very lucky to be a part of it. I had a good following in the city before Luke emerged so Eddie Hearn's put it together and now we're topping bills on TV and it's fantastic.
"I was always confident I would make progress but Luke's success has fast-tracked it and created the launchpad, and I'm so grateful for that and I can't thank him enough.
"Eddie's said he's looking to get me out six times this year - three in Hull and three times on different shows around the country - so I'm going to be busy and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: