Tuesday 16 August 2016

Stones excited to work under 'best in the world' Guardiola

Stones excited to work under 'best in the world' Guardiola
The England international swapped Goodison Park for the Etihad Stadium this summer, citing the chance to work with the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach as a reason
The opportunity to play under 'the best manager in the world' was too good to turn down, says John Stones.
The 22-year-old completed his £47 million transfer from Everton this summer following long-time admiration from the new City boss.
Stones cites Guardiola as the main reason for his decision to join the Etihad side, as well as the chance to play Champions League football.

“You don’t often get these opportunities to work with the best manager in the world and come to a top club and play Champions League,” Stones said.
“I felt it was the right time for me to move and to make progress in my career, come and learn off the best and it's a new exciting challenge for me and for everyone.
“I know I’ve got to fight for my place. I’ve come in and just tried to show what I can do for the gaffer and to everyone else.
“I want to earn my place and that’s what I’m here to do – to work hard in training and to get that starting spot.”
Stones made his City debut in Saturday's 2-1 victory over Sunderland, playing the entire 90 minutes.

No comments: