Monday 20 June 2016

Bale: I don't need Ronaldo's advice, I have my own style

http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/omnisport/87/17/garethbale-cropped_14o2g7alxt1e61rwa02vvmtka7.jpg?t=1820886373&quality=90&h=630
The Wales star has scored two free kicks so far in the competition, and says he has a different style to his Real Madrid team-mate, who continues to struggle
Gareth Bale has no intention of taking Cristiano Ronaldo's advice when it comes to free-kicks, insisting they have a very different style to the way they take them.
Wales star Bale has scored free-kicks in each of Wales' first two games at Euro 2016, and he could become the first to score three in a single European Championship.
In stark contrast, Real Madrid team-mate Ronaldo is yet to score from 36 free-kick attempts at major tournaments, with the Portugal star failing to score from five so far this tournament in draws against Iceland and Austria.
When asked if his set-piece success was down to any advice from Ronaldo, Bale said: "No, not really. I do it my way. I like my own style.
"We obviously practice together in training but on different sides. It depends where I am on the pitch and what side.
"I hit it slightly different depending where the ball is and how close you are.
"You always stand over them and think 'please just go in,' but it's not always the case.
"So it's nice to see the hard work pay off and see two go in so far."

No comments: