Thursday 26 May 2016

Ronaldo: Manchester United lack identity - I hope Mourinho brings it back

Ronaldo: Manchester United lack identity - I hope Mourinho brings it backThe former United attacker believes it is a good move for the club to turn to his former boss at Real Madrid

Cristiano Ronaldo believes Manchester United have lacked identity since Sir Alex Ferguson's departure but believes the appointment of Jose Mourinho is good for the club.

Ronaldo spent six years at Old Trafford between 2003 and 2009 before joining Real Madrid, where he was coached by Mourinho for three seasons.

And with the Portuguese set to be confirmed imminently as United’s new manager after the sacking of Louis van Gaal, Ronaldo hopes the 53-year-old proves to be the right man to turn around the club’s fortunes.

“I think it’s good. If it's something United wanted, I think it’s good,” Ronaldo told La Sexta's 'Jugones' TV show.



“I hope Manchester United get back to being what they were because it’s an impressive club but in recent years they lacked an identity a bit.

“And it hurts me seeing United like that because it’s a club I carry in my heart. 

"I wish Mourinho can restore them back to the top.”Ronaldo went on to admit that he and Mourinho had their issues during their spell together at the Santiago Bernabeu, but he insists he bears no grudge with his compatriot.

“I would embrace him, no problem,” he said of the former Inter and Chelsea boss.

“One of my greatest qualities is to not hold grudges with anyone regardless of the damage they may have done to me. I’m not saying he did, I’m saying in general.

No comments: