Tuesday 17 May 2016

Dembele: Why I picked Borussia Dortmund over Bayern, Barcelona and Liverpool

Dembele: Why I picked Borussia Dortmund over Bayern, Barcelona and Liverpool
The France Under-21 international has signed a five-year deal at the Bundesliga club and he maintains he never wanted to join another club, despite interest from elsewhere
Ousmane Dembele insists he never considered leaving Rennes for any other club than Borussia Dortmund despite being linked with a number of European heavyweights.
The France Under-21 international signed a five-year deal with BVB last week to end all speculation about his future, but he had plenty of other options.
Dembele - who scored 12 goals in 26 appearances in 2015-16 - had reportedly also caught the attention of Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Liverpool with his fine performances, but he never had any doubts about his next destination once Dortmund came knocking.
"I had a lot of offers, but I made it clear right from the start that I was only interested in joining Dortmund. I knew right away that I only wanted Dortmund," Dembele told Sport Bild.

GOAL RUMOURS PSG ready huge James bid
"The way they showed an interest in me and gave me the feeling they really wanted me convinced me to join Dortmund.
"I have had a lot of meetings with head coach Thomas Tuchel since Dortmund first got in touch in the winter. I am convinced he is the right coach to help me develop.
"Dortmund are the perfect club for young players, the past has shown that. I cannot wait to play my first game for Dortmund in front of the home fans."





No comments: