Tuesday 17 May 2016

PSV starlet plays down Manchester City links

PSV starlet plays down Manchester City links
The forward will only turn 17 in August and affirmed he is not tempted by an early move to the Premier League, while the Dutch club hope to put pen to paper in the coming weeks
PSV wonderkid Joel Piroe is set to reject a move to Manchester City and sign his first professional contract with the Eredivisie club.
Piroe has been linked with a move to City and the Premier League for some time following his exploits in the PSV youth ranks.
However, the 16-year-old forward is keen to learn his trade at PSV before making the decision to move abroad.
"I have been offered a contract by PSV a few weeks ago and if all goes well I will soon sign," Piroe told NextGen Series.

GOAL READ MORE  | RUMOURS: Pep lines up Kroos reunion
"The interest of Manchester City, I heard, but for that, you really have to see my agent. I love it but I'm not doing that.
"Everyone must decide for themselves [when they are ready to move abroad]. If you think you're ready, you should do that.
"I'm not ready yet. I first want to finish my school here and I wish to do well at PSV."
Piroe joined PSV in 2014 after spending a year at Feyenoord, where he was snapped up from his junior club NEC Nijmegen.

No comments: