Wednesday 28 May 2014

Football; My goals will lift Nigeria at the World Cup - Emenike

My goals will lift Nigeria at the World Cup - Emenike
The Turkish league winner and Afcon 2013 top scorer has vowed to score goals to help the Super Eagles prove they are the continent's reigning champions in Brazil
Fenerbache striker Emmanuel Emenike has promised to score goals as much as necessary to aid Nigeria to success at the World Cup in Brazil.

Emenike has enjoyed his best-ever season at the heart of Fenerbahce’s attack in 2013-14, leading the club to their 19th league title with 12 league goals and nine assists in 29 matches.

The bulky attacker declined setting any goal target for himself as against seeking for individual glory.

"Individually, I have nothing to prove and I just hope to prove it well," Emenike told Sportmasta.

"I know the duty of a striker is to score goals at every tournament, I am aware of that and I am preparing to be at the right time to score the much-needed goals to help my nation do well, but I have no World Cup goals' target.

“Nigeria's success is my target at the World Cup," he said.

The Super Eagles will prove their African title feat was no fluke and qualification no joke to the World Cup in Brazil.

The 27-year-old said that Stephen Keshi's lads will bring Africa joy in South America.

"I believe we will make Nigerians and the entire continent of Africa proud in Brazil," he said.

No comments: