Friday 28 March 2014

Vidal: I'm staying at Juventus to win the Champions League

Vidal: I'm staying at Juventus to win the Champions League  Arturo Vidal has revealed he will stay at Juventus in order to fulfil his promise of delivering the Champions League trophy to Turin.

The 26-year-old has been in superb form for the Bianconeri this season, scoring 18 times in all competitions for the Italian champions, and speculation has mounted that both Barcelona and Real Madrid have identified the Chilean as a priority transfer target this summer.
Vidal, however, says he is happy to ignore the "sirens" calling him from Spain as he is determined to win Europe's top prize with Antonio Conte's side.

"I don't listen to the sirens in Spain, and my family is happy in Turin. I've repeated it several times: I'm happy here," he told FourFourTwo.

"I'm staying at Juventus because president Andrea Agnelli has asked me for the Champions League."

Juve are closing in on their third-straight Serie A title and are in the quarter-finals of the Europa League after suffering a disappointing group-stage exit in this season's Champions League.

No comments: