Monday 25 November 2013

football. Messi: A lot of clubs want me

Messi: A lot of clubs want me
The Argentine says he is honoured that other teams want to secure his services but emphasised that he is not thinking about leaving Camp Nou
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has admitted that he is honoured each and every time a different club is linked with a bid for his services.

The Argentine has been at Camp Nou since he was a child and is under contract at Camp Nou until June 2018, but that has not stopped him being courted by other teams.
However, the 26-year-old has stressed that he is happy in Catalunya and is prepared to rebuff any offers to move elsewhere, revealing that he would like to finish his career at Barcelona.
"I feel honoured each time my name is mentioned with other big clubs. It's true that a lot of clubs have shown an interest in me," the talismanic told sportmazta .

"But my opinion has not changed. Barcelona's style of play suits me and it's my dream to stay at Barcelona for the rest of my life. "

Messi is currently in the midst of a two-month injury layoff but he remains optimistic that his team-mates will still be able to thrive without him.

"I might not be playing at the moment, but the team is doing great again," he enthused. "The toughest time of the season comes after Christmas, but I'm confident that we will win a trophy."

No comments: