Monday 25 November 2013

fooball. Oscar: Mourinho wanted me at Real Madrid

Oscar: Mourinho wanted me at Real Madrid
The Brazilian says the Portuguese wanted to bring him to the Bernabeu in 2012 but he felt that the Liga club were well covered in his position so he opted for the Blues instead
Chelsea midfielder Oscar claims he came "very close" to joining Real Madrid prior to his switch to Stamford Bridge.

The Brazil international moved to England from Internacional in 2012, but has revealed that current Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho wanted him to join los Blancos instead.
Oscar explains that the Portuguese came to watch him in an international friendly against Denmark, but the 22-year-old was put off joining the Liga giants due to the intense level of competition at the Santiago Bernabeu.

"A month before signing for Chelsea I was very close to doing so with Real Madrid as Mourinho said he wanted me," he told sportmazta.
"Before the game [against Denmark] there were talks with Madrid, but they had the playmaker position well covered. After that, I signed for Chelsea."
Oscar has scored four times in all competitions this season, helping Chelsea to fourth in the Premier League and top spot in Champions League Group E, and the Selecao starlet attributes his good form to Mourinho.

"He talked to me as soon as he came to Chelsea," Oscar stated. "He gives me confidence and I'm trying to return all such support on the pitch."

No comments: