Monday 25 November 2013

football. I would love Cavani at Inter, admits Mazzarri

I would love Cavani at Inter, admits Mazzarri
The Uruguay international became a global star under the tutelage of the 52-year-old coach during their time together at the San Paolo
Inter coach Walter Mazzarri says that he would love to sign Edinson Cavani - but warned fans against expecting to see the striker at San Siro any time soon.

The pair spent three years working alongside one another at Napoli before both departed the San Paolo this summer, with Mazzarri taking charge of the Nerazzurri and Cavani moving to Paris Saint-Germain.

Mazzarri freely admits that he would like to be reunited with the Uruguay international at Appiano Gentile but just cannot see it happening.
"Cavani, what can I say about Cavani? I like to point to facts: he joined from Palermo, I believe I played a part in getting the best out of him, and now he's a global star," the 53-year-old coach told sportmazta.

"I'd love to have him here but I don't think there's any chance of that happening in the short term."

Indeed, while Inter's new owner, Erick Thohir, is expected to invest in the club, Mazzarri insists that he will not have a major say in their player recruitment strategy.

"A coach can't make decisions on who to buy," he stated. "If I'm asked, obviously I'll give my opinion to the technical and sporting directors but the coach can't dictate the transfer policy.
"These are questions you need to ask the ownership rather than me. The ownership always dictates the club's approach."

Inter, who finished ninth in Serie A last season, have made an encouraging start to life under Mazzarri and are currently fourth in the standings.

No comments: