Monday 6 October 2014

I want to emulate Di Maria at Madrid; says James

James: I want to emulate Di Maria at Madrid
James Rodriguez has stressed that he wants to follow in the footsteps of Angel Di Maria and make history at Real Madrid.
The Argentina international played a key role in Madrid's Champions League victory last season before leaving the club for Manchester United this summer and James is keen to make a similar impact at the Santiago Bernabeu.
The 23-year-old joined Madrid from Monaco ahead of the 2014-15 campaign and has since developed into an important first-team member at his new club.
"As for Di MarĂ­a, he is a great player. He made history here and I have a lot of respect for him," James told reporters.
"I have only just joined, but I want to make history with Real Madrid as well.
"I am comfortable here and I want to do everything the coach tells me to do. I just want to help so we can win."
The Colombian then went on to voice his delight with Real Madrid's 5-0 La Liga win over Athletic Bilbao on Sunday and had special words of praise for Karim Benzema, who silenced his critics with a double.
"The feeling is that everything went perfectly, although we've already had good games. We are all playing well. We have dangerous players up front and we are strong at the back.
"Benzema scores and provides assists and we all hope he can keep hitting the mark."

No comments: