Tuesday 31 December 2013

Football. Kerslake in dark about search

David Kerslake: Will remain in charge for Cardiff's trip to ArsenalCardiff caretaker boss David Kerslake admits he is 'in the dark' about the club's search for a new manager.
The Welsh side are seeking a successor to Malky Mackay, who was sacked as Cardiff boss last week, and Molde manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been heavily linked with the vacant job.
Kerslake, Mackay's assistant, has taken charge of the team on a temporary basis and will oversee the team's tough trip to Arsenal on New Year's Day.
He held brief talks with owner Vincent Tan ahead of Saturday's 2-2 draw with Sunderland, but was not told how long he will remain at the helm.
"I don't know anything. It's as we were the last game. I've been told to take temporary charge of the team and that's the only thing that I know," said Kerslake.
Asked whether he knew if Cardiff were close to an appointment, Kerslake replied: "No, absolutely in the dark on that situation.
"I spoke to the owner, chief exec and the chairman before the game against Sunderland and it was just really thanking me for taking the team and wished me well."
Tottenham have promoted Tim Sherwood from caretaker to a full-time role, but Kerslake has reiterated that he wants to stay as a coach.
He said: "No interest. No, again with great respect, I'm not interested in the job.
"I said before that I love coaching. I enjoy being out on the grass with the players and I have no interest in dealing with politics."

No comments: