Saturday 28 December 2013

Football. Fabregas acknowledges Barcelona adaptation

Fabregas acknowledges Barcelona adaptationThe midfielder has discussed his change in role since rejoining the club from Arsenal, while praising Lionel Messi's temperament
Cesc Fabregas has admitted he has had to adapt his game since rejoining Barcelona.

The 26-year-old came through the Blaugrana youth ranks but left the club for Arsenal as a 16-year-old, back in 2003, before returning to Camp Nou eight years later.

However, Fabregas has endured some tough times in his second stint with the Catalans, having operated in a number of different positions, including an offensive 'false nine' role.

But despite the initial teething problems that came with his positional transition, the Spain international acknowledges the learning process was a necessary one.

"I came to Barca from a team where I was captain and had all the balls passed through me," he told sportmasta.

"I used to play where I thought I could do more damage until Pep [Guardiola] and Tito [Vilanova] told me that was my problem.

"That view was right because I have Xavi, [Andres] Iniesta and [Lionel] Messi playing ahead of me."

Fabregas then moved to praise Barcelona team-mate Lionel Messi for his temperament in dealing with critics and the disappointment of an injury that has kept him out of action for much of the first half of the season.

He added: "Sometimes people are out of line regarding Messi, bit it does not affect him.

"No, that [the injury] will be fine."

No comments: