Wednesday 3 September 2014

Welbeck taunts Man Utd: Arsenal a club on the up

Danny Welbeck has taken a parting shot at Manchester United by describing Arsenal as a team on the up.

United are yet to win a competitive game under Louis van Gaal as they look to improve upon last season's seventh-place finish as the Gunners reached the Champions League for a 17th consecutive season.

Arsene Wenger parted with €20 million to bring Welbeck to the Emirates Stadium after he was deemed surplus to requirements at Old Trafford, and the striker is now eyeing silverware at the FA Cup winners.

When asked if Arsenal are a team on the up, Welbeck told the club's official website: "Yeah definitely. They've done well in recent years and last year we got the FA Cup and I feel like it's time where we could really push on and try and challenge for the Premier League title.

"I've got one medal and it's something that I really want to add to."

Welbeck is confident he made the right decision to leave Old Trafford for the Emirates Stadium and is keen to "move on" as he begin the next chapter of his career.

He continued: "I've been at United ever since I was a little boy and I had a great time there.

"I just think this is the next stage of my development - to come to Arsenal, to really show people what I can do as a footballer and hopefully get to the place where I want to be.

"Things move on in life and I think you've really got to make the right decision in the situation that you're in at that moment in time. I really do believe that coming to Arsenal is the right decision."

No comments: