Wednesday 17 September 2014

AC Milan wanted me for a long time; says Van Ginkel

Van Ginkel: AC Milan wanted me for a long time
The Dutch midfielder is thrilled to be playing for a club who have been long-term admirers but hinted that he still hopes to have a long-term future at Chelsea
Marco van Ginkel says AC Milan had been trying to sign him for a long time before eventually securing his signature in the summer.
The Netherlands midfielder has not been able to secure a regular place in the Chelsea first team after spending the majority of last season out injured and joined the Italian side on loan for a season on deadline day.
Van Ginkel says the Serie A club have been long-term admirers, but hinted that he was still hoping for a future at Stamford Bridge after no purchase option was included in the deal.
"AC Milan wanted me for a long time and did everything to get me," the 21-year-old said to sportmasta.
"That is good for a player to know. We play with two attacking midfielders and a defensive one. I think I am more of an attacking one.
"I think Italian football suits me. Milan is a great club, even though we won't play in the Champions League this year, so I am fine here.
"Right now I am focused entirely on Milan, but I'm happy with the fact that Chelsea didn't put an option to buy in the loan."
Milan face an away trip to play Parma on Sunday having impressively defeated Lazio in their opening game

No comments: