Sunday 8 November 2015

Aston Villa players enjoying football again

Remi Garde: Manager guided Villa to first point since August
Remi Garde credits Aston Villa’s improved performance against Manchester City to the players enjoying their football.
Frenchman Garde, who replaced Tim Sherwood as manager, took charge of Villa for the first time as the side halted a run of seven-consecutive defeats by holding City to a 0-0 draw.
And the former Lyon boss could not hide his delight at Villa’s first Premier League point since August.
“It was a nice experience and a fantastic atmosphere. It was a tough game. I can be vey happy with my team today, I saw smiles on their faces.
“When you play with sadness it does not help you. I tried in the three training sessions we had to deliver my message. Nobody expected we were going to score two or three goals. The difference between the two teams before was huge. Making sure we were well organised defensively was my priority.
“Some of the players who didn’t start today had problems during the week. Nobody will play because he’s French or Spanish or British. I saw in training how good or bad they were.”
Despite the point, Villa remain rooted to the bottom of the table on five points, five points off 17th place Newcastle.

No comments: