Wednesday 24 December 2014

Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic backs team for quadruple

Chelsea players celebrate a goal
Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic believes his side can win an unprecedented quadruple.
No club has won the Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup in the same season.
But Matic, who rejoined Chelsea from Benfica for £21m in January, said: "I think it's possible. We have a chance."
The Premier League leaders are in the Capital One Cup semi-finals, the last 16 of the Champions League and have yet to start their FA Cup campaign.
Serbia international Matic, 26, added: "I don't want to say that we're going to but we're going to try. We have quality. I am confident, I believe in my team, my team-mates, so everything is possible."
Manager Jose Mourinho has already played down Chelsea's chances of a quadruple.
"We don't speak about it," he said. "We have our feet on the ground."
Chelsea meet West Ham at home on Boxing Day in the Premier League, play Championship side Watford at home in the FA Cup third round and have been drawn against Paris St-Germain in the last 16 of the Champions League and Liverpool in the League Cup semi-finals.

No comments: