Wednesday 24 December 2014

Agnieszka Radwanska names new coach

Martina Navratilova
Martina Navratilova will take on her first big coaching role after agreeing to work with Agnieszka Radwanska.
The 18-time Grand Slam singles-winner will link up with the world number six, 25, at the end of the year.
Navratilova, 58, said: "I can't wait to get started on this new phase of my career and I am really excited."
The Czech-born star will train with Radwanska for the first time after Christmas and work with Radwanska's full-time coach, Tomasz Wiktorowski.
The nine-times Wimbledon champion added: "I did not sleep very well last night, thinking about getting back into match mode and the competitions."
Radwanska, a Wimbledon finalist in 2012, is confident Navratilova's presence will help her earn a first Grand Slam success.
"Her achievements speak for themselves and I hope that I can learn from all her experience," said the Pole.
"She is my tennis idol. We are originally from a similar part of the world, so we share an understanding about tennis and life, which I'm sure will translate into a successful relationship."
British number one Andy Murray congratulated Navratilova and Radwanska on Twitter  and wished them luck for 2015

No comments: