Tuesday 20 January 2015

Ancelotti ranks Champions League win with AC Milan over Decima

Ancelotti ranks Champions League win with AC Milan over Decima Carlo Ancelotti says winning the Champions League with AC Milan was the highlight of his coaching career, and not La Decima with Real Madrid.

The 55-year-old won his third European title as a coach last year as he guided Madrid to glory in Lisbon, bringing to an end their long wait for a 10th continental crown.

However, speaking to reporters as he was inducted into the Italian Football Hall of Fame, Ancelotti said his triumph with Milan in 2003 - when they edged out Juventus on penalties at Old Trafford - remains his fondest memory since retiring as a player.

"I've been very fortunate in my career, both as a player and as a coach. I got to play for Sacchi's Milan, and I've been really blessed as a manager, too," he said.

"If I had to single out one trophy it would be the Champions League I led Milan to against Juve in Manchester, because it was my first [Champions League as a coach]."

Ancelotti went on to describe the differences in working as a coach in the top leagues across Europe.

"Every league is different and so your experiences are different, too," he continued. "In England it's very fast-paced and people are shown a lot of respect.
The French league is very high-tempo and aggressive. Spain stands out for the love of good football, whereas I'd underline the defensive organisation and tactical know-how in Italy.

"I've had nothing but positive experiences."

Ancelotti was recognised at the ceremony in Florence, along with Diego Maradona, Fabio Cannavaro, retired referee Stefano Braschi and Juventus director Giuseppe Marotta.
 

No comments: