- Monaco 0-1 Arsenal (Agg 3-2)Posted atArsenal had eight attempts on goal in that first half, Monaco just one. The hosts will be worried if the Gunners get a second...
Cherries on topPosted atWill we see Bournemouth in the Premier League next season? It looks very much that way.As half-time whistles continue to toot around the country it's the Cherries who are on top of the Championship table.Monaco 0-1 Arsenal (Agg 3-2)Posted at"Arsenal will be very hopeful indeed. They are by a country mile the better team here, and have created some very good chances as well as getting the goal. What an encouraging half from Arsenal. They have done the minimum they had to do. Now they need to crank things up in the second half."
HALF-TIMEMonaco 0-1 Arsenal (Agg 3-2)Posted atThe whistle goes with the Gunners on song. Mesut Ozil swaps shirts with a Monaco defender as they come off - a lot of people won't like to see that...
- Monaco 0-1 Arsenal (Agg 3-2)Posted atChance! Unlucky Olivier Giroud, Danny Welbeck drills a cross at him, like a shot, and Giroud gets a thigh to it but can only steer it at goalkeeper Danijel Subasic.Seconds later Welbeck has another shot from a tight angle. Arsenal ending the half well on top.
- Monaco 0-1 Arsenal (Agg 3-2)Posted atOne nil up at Monaco at half-time? Arsene Wenger would have settled for that. Plenty of time to really go at it in the second half.
YELLOW CARDMonaco 0-1 Arsenal (Agg 3-2)Posted atAlexis Sanchez is booked for a dive - Arsenal want a penalty.The Chile forward does go down pretty easily but he was touched by Fabinho. He's furious, Sanchez. No penalty though.
- Monaco 0-1 Arsenal (Agg 3-2)Posted atOlivier Giroud may be getting more than a 2/10 from newspaper L'Equipe tomorrow. He's proving a menace to society up there. Arsenal need two goals in 50 minutes to progress.As gambles in Monte Carlo go, it's a pretty good one. The house always wins though - doesn't it?
- Monaco 0-1 Arsenal (Agg 3-2)Posted atArsenal flying now, confidence coursing through the side. The home crowd are calling for the half-time whistle. They've got minutes and minutes to hang on yet...
CLOSE!Monaco 0-1 Arsenal (Agg 3-2)Posted atAlmost a second! Danny Welbeck middles a shot from the edge of the box, catches it as sweet as you could ever wish to hit a ball, it's flying in but hits defender Aymen Abdennour on the floor!
- Monaco 0-0 Arsenal (Agg 3-1)Posted atMonaco look a little bit unsure of how to approach this one - a goal for Arsenal would really kick this game up a notch. As it is it's all a bit scrappy.
Elsewhere in EuropePosted atThere is one other game going on this evening in the Champions League - and there has been a goal. Last season's finalists Atletico Madrid take a 1-0 lead against Bayer Leverkusen through Mario Suarez to make it 1-1 on aggregate. Going to penalties as it stands - long way to go, mind.
- Monaco 0-0 Arsenal (Agg 3-1)Posted atA cross from Alexis Sanchez is helped back in by Danny Welbeck, Olivier Giroud does well to let it drop but before he can get a shot off Aymen Abdennour does really well to manoeuvre his body into a blocking position.