Saturday 7 June 2014

Football; Chelsea's Hazard rules out Paris Saint-Germain move


Last season's PFA Young Player of the Year has stated that his chances of joining the Ligue 1 champions are over, and that he is happy to remain at Stamford Bridge
Chelsea starlet Eden Hazard has stated that he won't be joining Paris Saint-Germain this summer.

The attacking midfielder, who played in France with Lille before switching to Stamford Bridge, is reportedly a target for the Ligue 1 champions.

When asked by L’Equipe if he likes being handed the number 10 shirt at Chelsea, Hazard replied: “Yes, I have always appreciated it.

"It's a nod of approval and it's nice. It's my favourite number, which I wore in Lille, then with the national team - it is the number of one of my idols, [Zinedine] Zidane."

Asked if he knew who PSG's number 10 is, the Belgian said: "I don't know. The place is not free. So I cannot go."

The 23-year-old has been involved in a number of regularly exchanged differences of opinion with Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho since the Portuguese's return to England - specifically on Hazard's defensive work rate and the team's tactics.

However, last season's PFA Young Player of the Year insists he wants to remain at the club, adding his desire to focus on his country's World Cup campaign.

"For the moment, I just want to focus on the World Cup. For the moment I have a contract with Chelsea and I don't want to leave the club," he told reporters.

Hazard played 35 times for Chelsea in the Premier League last season, scoring 14 times, while netting three more in the Champions League and the Super Cup.

No comments: